Monday 7 September 2015

Daytripper 5


Spent a day out with a fellow scrambler rider and respective partners!

My wife has not ridden pillion for over 10yrs and never was the best at the job! along with she has always had a backrest on the customs I have built!
I bought her one of those Oxford pillion belts where I wear it she has a couple of hand grips to use. she didn't take it lightly ha ha but having used the "love handles" for the day she now appreciates them!
Did about 70 miles in all via Bishops Waltham - Loomies Cafe -Alton - a pub near Borden for lunch then back to Southampton for a Sprinkles ice cream and waffles!

SO the Bike!

It is a different beast with a pillion and me being a little rusty not having had a pillion for years was a little disconcerting!

Gear changes were different
Braking was interesting!
The seat is still rubbish

The gears needed to be changed more frequently and the upchange was at least lumpy and jerky. I have spent the last 20 yrs riding a Harley where solo, with pillion, or both with luggage did not make any difference what so ever to the bike! So I needed to adjust by riding style.

Brakes are OK but I am now convinced its the forks that should prioritised when it comes to upgrading. The dive is worse much worse!

I will be changing the front sprocket to a 16T infact ordered it this morning. this should sort the excessive gear changing needed two up and be less buzzy around 70-80 mph.
Seat will be next I'v just received the gel inserts so a winter project there
The front suspension will probably next.

But then I need a Dart screen oh well plenty to get on with this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment