Thursday 10 September 2015

Adjustments

Had the bike in for its first service having completed the 626 miles . All ok
So went the long way home doing around 60 miles. The bike is a different beast! Happened along a clear piece of dual carriageway clocked 110 with ease!
I have also fitted the 16T front sprocket.
That was a fiddle! Took about an hour but I was supervised by my two yr old grandson, that wonderful age when just picking up a spanner is full of wonderment and excitement!
If anyone reading this decides to do the same.
Remove the footpeg hanger and gear lever by first releasing the gear lever but leave the spline attached to the gear spindle. I removed the lot but now have to reset it as I have put it back to high!
Fully wind in the rear wheel
Then and only then can you remove that Damn sprocket!

I did a round trip of about 25 miles this evening. There is a difference, subtle, less gear changing better and less frantic filtering in heavy traffic. But more manageable somehow. I am slowly getting the bike how I want it.

Tomorrow I will check the bolts and clearances around the sprocket. It didn't appear to need any filing but will see tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment